Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Out!!

Such a great weekend with my mom! I think I gained 10 lbs! Back to the grind today :( I had to do two-a-days at the gym to get myself mentally back in the game. And finals at school. Oh my gosh I hate them. Mom come back! Life would be so easy if we could just sit on the beach, drink beers, and go out to dinner every night. We ate so much, I can't control myself when I go out to eat. I want bread, appetizers, salad, main course...must eat all things! I started out doing well with taking pictures of everything but then I went fat kid and starting diving in as soon as it hit the table and forgot the picture. Grrr! So Friday night we went to Coast Bar & Grill and started with the raw oyster sampler. I have always loved raw oysters, I ate them when I was a little kid but wouldn't eat a single vegetable. The sampler had a delicious variety of local oysters and oysters from the colder waters up north. They brought out the biggest oysters I have ever seen in my life. They are called Tatamagouche Oysters from Nova Scotia. Wow, check these out....

These are the "mack daddy" of all oysters!
Look at the size of that shell!

Oh man I just relived it! For the main course I chose the wood grilled tuna with a basil chimichurri sauce, blue cheese mashed potatoes, and a sauteed vegetable medley. It was so delicious! I would never have thought of tuna with chimichurri and I will certainly have to recreate this at home.

Gorgeous grill marks!
My mom about died over her meal. She had the chef's special of local redfish over a black bean chili. I don't even like beans and I tried it...amazing! The picture does not do it justice. Bacon, black beans, tomatoes, carrot, green onion, peppers...oh my!


Then we went to Wild Olive Restaurant, not in the same night of course. I apologize a million times over that I don't have pictures but I wanted to share how impressed I was in our meal anyway. We started with the Chargrilled Octopus with Pancetta, Palmetto Onion and Steamer Potatoes. It sounds heavy, but it was light, fresh and the perfect starter. I was so excited when it hit the table I  jumped right in and I'm so mad I forgot the picture. My mom had the softshell crab entree with horseradish mashed potatoes and garlic sauteed spinach. Of course it was fabulous, she couldn't stop raving. I had the ravioli stuffed with collards and cheese, ham hock sugo, and spiced pecans. We both got the half portion and it was just right. I can't say enough about how delicious this meal was. We talked about it for the rest of the night. :)

See why I had to double up at the gym today! And I didn't even include the bottles of wine and loaves of bread I shoved into my face like I was in the Hunger Games (had to throw that in there)!




No comments:

Post a Comment