Thursday, April 26, 2012

Margarita Pizza

Ello again!!! So today is my birthday, whoop whoop. I am actually feeling kind of indifferent to it because I'm not exactly 21 anymore, and B is a million miles away. I am perking myself up with an early glass of wine (don't judge, it's my birthday!), watching my favs on Always Sunny in Philly, and doing some bloggin'. Then I will decide what I feel like doing tonight. Maybe some live reggae? Tapas (girls love tapas)? Dance party? Snuggling with the dog? Lowes? I don't know. I don't know if I'll have time, I'm pret-tay popular. My mom is coming in town tomorrow so I won't be doing much, if any, cooking this weekend. I will be going to fancy restaurants and taking pictures of what I eat to tell y'all about it though. All that is way off topic to margarita pizza...back to business. I made this yesterday when I was kind of hungry but didn't feel like getting too crazy in the kitchen. It's so easy because there are only a few ingredients and you basically throw it together and put it in the oven. And who doesn't love pizza! Of course I used my homemade ranch for dipping because anything else is just silly. 

Ingredients
Store bought pizza crust of your choice (I used whole wheat thin crust)
Fresh mozzarella
1 whole tomato
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling

Following the directions for whatever brand of pizza crust you use preheat the oven (450 degrees for me). Drizzle the pizza crust with olive oil. Slice tomato and mozzarella into thin slices and layer on pizza crust. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. 


Bake the pizza using the directions from the pizza crust. I like to turn the broiler on for the last minute to get the tomatoes toasty and the cheese bubbly but if you do this you have to stare at it the whole time. It will burn! 

When it comes out of the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle on chopped basil. 


Yummmm! And it's also not too bad for you. Delicioso! Ciao bella! (I started the post with a British accent, and ended Italian cause I'm cool like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment