Sunday, May 27, 2012

White Pizza

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!! I keep seeing people on Facebook writing "Happy MDW" and the blonde in me was like what is that!? Duhhhh! I have been cooking up a storm this weekend and have lots of updates coming! So stayed tuned! We have a tropical storm that is "supposed" to hit us tomorrow. I say "supposed" because I never believe it til I see it, just sayin' weather man! Food is the word of the weekend! I'm fresh from the grocery store with some great deals and have been cleaning out the fridge. This pizza has been one of my favorites forever. I adore pizza but sometimes the red sauce gives me heart burn. For some reason white pizza just doesn't seem as filling to me. I know it is, and it has probably twice as much cheese but I guess it's me tricking myself into believing it. This pizza was a complete throw together, "I don't know what I'm hungry for" meal and I have been eating the leftovers all day! It would be great with any veggies or chicken you have on hand but as usual I use what I have on hand and you should too! :)

Ingredients
1 store bought pizza crust (I used the one in the tube b/c that's all they had that day)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. garlic (divided in half)
1/4 cup part skim ricotta
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp. fresh minced thyme
1 tsp. fresh minced basil (extra for garnish)
1/4 tsp. red pepper flake
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Parmesan cheese to garnish

Don't hate on pizza crust in the tube! It's great! Unroll the pizza crust and top with garlic butter (melt butter with 1/2 tsp. of garlic). Combine the ricotta, olive oil, garlic, herbs, and spices together and spread on the crust. Preheat the oven according to the directions for your crust (mine was 400 degrees).


Top with shredded mozzarella (add some fresh if you have it one hand). Sprinkle some parmesan cheese to up the cheese factor, because there is never enough. 


Bake the pizza according the your directions. Mine was about 14 minutes. Look for the cheese to bubble and start to brown. Garnish with fresh basil and start the eating extravaganza!



Quick and easy! Of course I dip in Ranch dressing but it would also be delicious with a drizzle of balsamic. Pizza Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment