Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lowfat Buttermilk Ranch

Ranch dressing has my heart. I put it on everything from veggies to pizza. My pizza and ranch addiction started at JMU with Chanello's pizza. They delivered until around 3 in the morning and it came with a big thing of ranch. Of course we always ordered cheesy bread to go with it, extra ranch. Oh to have the metabolism of a college student again! Ranch on fries, grilled cheese and ranch, carrots and ranch, ranch with anything fried. I love it! Good thing I work out or I'd be in trouble.  I think I have tried just about every brand in the grocery store and I can't quite get the taste and texture I am looking for. Besides the fact that it's loaded in fat, and fat free and light bottled ranch is pretty nasty. Lately I have been on this greek yogurt kick as well as my make everything from scratch kick. This recipe is a combination of Ellie Krieger's Food Network Recipe and me throwing things from the kitchen in and tasting. At first, I wasn't blow away but I let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and it really came together. I can't even tell it's low in fat. Play around with the recipe to find exactly what you are looking for in your perfect ranch. It's like finding a best friend :)

Ingredients
1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
3 tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp dijon mustard
1-2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1 tbsp minced fresh chives
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. The consistency should be pourable but not watery. Taste to adjust seasoning to your preference.


Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours to allow the flavors to marry.

I love mason jars if you haven't noticed. 
If only I could make all the things I love dipping in ranch lower fat. Baby steps. And big strides on the treadmill. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment