Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Roasted Lemon Dill Salmon

My dad makes salmon ALL.THE.TIME. We actually call him "Bear" because of his intense love of salmon. It's like watching National Geographic. We sit back and laugh "look at him, he lovessss it!". It's also pretty foolproof and versatile to almost any flavor. Well salmon was on sale this week so salmon is what I bought. Being a broke grad student I shop the sales and use my coupons because I believe in eating well on any budget. I got home from yoga feeling refreshed and relaxed and I didn't want to ruin it with a big, sloppy meal. I made this salmon from what I already had waiting in the refrigerator (hence the dill after my pickle obsession). Since it's roasted in the oven it gives you time to watch tv, catch up on gossip, and enjoy a glass of wine rather then staring at the grill or skillet. But it only takes a few minutes so don't get too comfortable....

Fresh salmon filets (mine are 1/2 lb)
Chopped fresh dill
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp. minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste

Drizzle the salmon filets (skin side down, but keep the skin on) with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic. Squeeze the lemon juice over the filet and top with fresh dill. Let the salmon marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil to prevent sticking and place the salmon skin side down on the foil. Cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes in the oven depending on the thickness of the filet and your preferred doneness. And that's it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy as we say in the classroom :) I served mine with a quick salad and garnished with the extra dill.


No comments:

Post a Comment