Sunday, June 17, 2012

Roasted Potatoes with Creamy Dill Sauce

Let's see what we have in the kitchen. These next few posts are part of a side dish extravaganza!! Basically me using all the things in the kitchen I have been meaning to use and didn't want to go bad. These simple recipes make the most basic dinner special and delicious! They are also healthy!! Roasted potatoes are a great healthy substitute for a mayonnaise based potato salad or a creamy, cheesy mashed potato (not that I don't love both those things). Being that it's beach season I have to find ways to lighten up the things I love, and also the things that fall in my budget. I tried this recipe out because I have a forest of dill growing in my garden and needed a way to use it before it overtook the planter. On top of that the potato I had was on it's last leg and I REFUSE to waste food. Of course I had to throw greek yogurt in there because I am now obsessed with it! I was not disappointed! I could not believe how delicious this was. Crunchy, creamy, fresh, and bright!!  Loves it! Throw it in the oven and wait for the goodness :)

Ingredients (serves 2)
1 russet potato, sliced into 1 inch cubes (would also be great with fingerling potatoes, or red bliss)
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt or sour cream
1-2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced

Start by washing a russet potato and cutting it into 1 inch cubes (skin on). Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the potatoes to a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer.


Bake the potatoes for about 15 minutes and turn. 


Bake for another 15 minutes (time will depend on how thick your slices are). While the potatoes are baking combine greek yogurt, lemon, dill, and garlic. Once the potatoes are finished toss in the yogurt sauce.


Garnish with fresh dill. Serve up and dig in!!! It's like a warm, crunchy potato salad. Who doesn't love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment