Sunday, June 10, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Wontons

Rainy Sunday! Time to play catch up! I actually made this recipe awhile ago after making my Baked Pork Eggrolls and Asian Chicken Burgers. This was the result of some of the remaining ingredients but I promise you it's super spicy and delicious! Who doesn't love making something yummy with what you have sitting in the fridge. In my opinion if it has buffalo sauce, it's cool with me! You could get fancy and make your own blue cheese but I had the bottle stuff in the fridge so I went with that. I'm not a celery fan so I chose not to add it but if you're fan go for it! These would be a great party appetizers or a perfect snack for a rainy movie night. Sure to please!

Ingredients
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 lb. ground chicken (you could also use boneless skinless breasts but I had ground on hand)
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 tbsp. (1/3 less fat) cream cheese (or greek yogurt)
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (divided)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Eggroll wrappers sliced in half on the diagonal (or wonton but I had eggroll)
Blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping

In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in olive oil and butter. Add ground chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Add the buffalo sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.


Add the cream cheese or greek yogurt to make the mixture creamy and cut some of the heat. Sprinkle with half the blue cheese crumbles and remove from the heat. 


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes. Place a spoonful of the mixture into the center of the wrapper and sprinkle with extra blue cheese crumbles. 


Fold the sides together and seal the top. With wet fingers pinch all seals together to create a  bundle.


Bake on a foil lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until brown. Flip halfway through. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. They are hot, hot, hot!!

Serve up with blue cheese or ranch. Garnish with some extra wing sauce to up the spice :) Parsley would have been pretty but as usual I was STARVING!



Make sure you have a cold beverage on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment